Saturday, October 13, 2012

Perfect Strangers...Reaching Out

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
After going through some of your personal belongings..... I came across some letters and papers which after having read them had totally restored my faith in humanity. I know in your day to day routine over the years when you struggled with anorexia there were people you came across while trying to live your life. You had spent so many obsessive hours at various gyms and met many nice people during the course. This letter I found was from one of those people you had met at Cardinal Fitness...you never shared it with me but I know you were touched by it otherwise you wouldn't have saved it. Here is the letter I came across....

 
After finding this letter, I wrote to Doug and thanked him for his very kind gesture towards my daughter. He wrote me back and told me how much he liked you and how kind you were. He told me that you had exchanged books with his wife because she was an avid reader, like yourself. He was so sorry to hear of your fate.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was given to you by some random woman in a store. She saw you and gave it to you.....I don't think you were ever in a place to call her back.  I know you appreciated it anyways. 
 
I do remember you telling me once, when you couldn't hide the fact that you had an eating disorder, right at the beginning of the nightmare......there was a girl who saw you riding one day, she came up to you and stopped you. She was an acquaintance of yours at the horse shows and she said to you, "Monica, don't go down this path, it won't make you happy....Please don't do it"! She pleaded with you. I feel like Anorexia had already taken hold of you.
 
I remember one more time when we were in an airport on our way to, I believe, California when we were stuck there having our flight detained. One of the security guards zeroed in on you and befriended you. He was tall, dark and very handsome. He noticed you and actually talked to you candidly about your illness, instead of just staring or whispering to someone about your appearance, which was very much the norm. People like this were few and far between.
 
I never forgot how he made you feel.....it was good.
 
 
PUCKER UP FOR A GRAPE BIG KISS

YOU ARE MY UNIVERSE

WHAT I HAVE TO SAY...IS STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

I'D LIKE TO HOLD YOUR HAND

LET'S PAINT A NEW BEGINNING

I'M RIPE FOR A BITE!
 
These are cards that you had for so many years, since high school. The Lips/Grapes you used as a reference and painted in pastel and gave to your friend, Schaeffer. She will cherish it forever......these all remind me so much of you!
 
 
I thought I would add this card I found from dad....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
miss you incredibly much......m
 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!