Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Few Artistic Items Made During Time Spent in Prison, I Mean Rehab!






It has been a while since I have posted and I apologize, but we have been doing a bit of traveling and I've been away from my computer. I am also planning on putting more of my time and efforts into writing the book I am so determined to complete. I have found that blogging is rather addictive, not to mention emotionally draining, so the book has taken a back seat, which I am not happy about.



I was going through your "box" earlier today to retrieve some of your things to put on this post tonight and found some artwork that I saved while you were in treatment at one time of another. You really weren't in a residential situation that many times considering how many years you suffered from your illness. Looking at the big picture I remember one of your many therapists used to say to us that she had some patients with eating disorders that would be admitted to an inpatient hospital sometimes 22 times before they actually turned things around and wanted recovery. You just never know how many times it will take. 

In any event here are a few of your many pictures you created while being stuck in the hospital. You had so much patience and made some amazing intricate artwork. Here are a few I found.......





This one opens up into a box made out of paper, it's decorated on the other side, as well.

Here are a few cards you gave to me and Chelsey, also known as B.S.  (baby sis)







I remember one day coming to visit you at one of your stays in the hospital and you had made this sign on a piece of paper and taped it to your wheelchair. The doctors forced you to be in a wheelchair so you would be sure to not burn any calories whatsoever during the day, even by walking. You were definitely Hell on Wheels! It seemed that everyone either loved the shit out of you or really couldn't tolerate you when you were in treatment. Very little in between...but I will say I still have relationships with some of the staff from a few places you made your mark over the years who absolutely adored you. 

Last but not least here is one of your famous poems you wrote to me for mothers day. I will cherish it forever!







We miss you tremendously.......m










No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!